Medical professionals are high in demand in every part of the world. Now more than you could ever imagine, experienced and qualified physicians e.g. doctors are needed in Qatar.
Just like other high in demand jobs in Qatar such as teaching, mechanical, chemical engineering, etc., there are currently hundreds of job openings for physicians in Qatar. Whether you are a general practitioner or a specialist, Qatar genuinely needs your expertise.
As an experienced doctor, you can be earning up to QAR36,900 (US$10,135) per month, and even more as an experienced specialist, not to mention the amazing benefits provided to all Qatari citizens and permeant residents, including free healthcare and education bonus to your family members as well as work benefits.
Qatar is also recognized as one of the safest, most multicultural and friendly countries out there, making it much easier for you and loved ones to settle into your new home there in Qatar.
Jobs in Qatar: Is There a Demand for Doctors in Qatar?
Physicians are and will continue to be in high demand in almost all the regions in Qatar even in the coming years. According to Qatar employment opportunities stats, a report predicts shortage of physicians in the workforce nationally over the next coming 7 years, meaning there will be a massive need of physicians even by 2028. This can be traced to the growth in the medical sector as well as earlier retirements and promotions.
Over the next few coming years, an estimated 30,000 new jobs will be created due to expansion in the country, creating thousands of employment opportunities for foreign physicians seeking employment in Qatar in the near future.
Why Qatar is a Great Place for Doctors / Physicians
Here are some of the perks and benefits that doctors and other healthcare professional emigrants will enjoy while working at Qatar:
- Working in Qatar will ensure you have a good, tax-free salary.
- Qatar provides lots of leave benefits to its workers, including vacation, sick, and annual leaves.
- Citizens of Philippines are entitled to yearly air tickets, transportation and accommodation allowances if they want to go back visit their home country.
- Qatar’s number one healthcare provider, Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC) is aggressively building lots of hospitals, research centers and clinics, which means there will always be jobs in the field f healthcare.
- Qatar ensures its medical professionals work in world-class and top-notch hospitals complete with astounding high-tech facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities of Doctors in Qatar
The duties and responsibilities for doctors or physicians defer based on the particular job and company hiring, however, below is an overview of what doctor’s job descriptions duties and responsibilities look like:
- Perform routine checkups on patients
- Keep detailed notes of the patient
- Perform diagnostic tests to diagnose patients
- Recommend patients to see a specialist
- Provide quality healthcare to patients
- Take part in further education opportunities
- Treat patients in the office for minor injuries
- Create a care plan for a patient
- Doctorate degree from an accredited medical school
- Board certification and state license
- Exceptional time management and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Great communication skills to talk with patients about treatment options
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to evaluate data and information
- Willingness to work long hours
- Focused on customer service to create a great experience
How to Immigrate to Qatar as a Doctor
There are six types of visas available for Qatar. Yor choice of visa is dependent on what your intentions are for traveling to Qatar.
Tourist visa – As the name implies, the tourist visa is for travelers who seek to tour Qatar’s iconic locations and visit family members and friends. It is valid for two weeks.
Transit visa – This is another type of visa that is applicable for when you’re just passing through Qatar. You will not need this visa, however, if you have a connecting flight and won’t be leaving the transit area. It is valid for two days.
Business visa – This visa is meant for members of an organization and intending to attend a business meetup, conference, seminar or any other kind of formal meeting. It is valid for 30 days.
Student visa – This visa is for student who wishes to enroll for an education program in Qatar. It is valid for the duration of the course.
Work Visa (Permit) – The visa is for job seekers who were able to secure a job in Qatar. It is valid for one to three months.
Family visa – The visa is for those who have family or spouse in Qatar that can sponsor their stay. It is valid for as long as the family sponsor stays in Qatar.
Work Permit: All You Need to Know
Amongst all the visas for entering Qatar, the work visa / permit is the ideal visa for job seekers who have secured a job in Qatar.
In a work permit, your employer plays a vital role and stands as your sponsor for the work permit. First, he or she will provide you with the work permit, and of which foreign workers at the company must be approved by the Labour Office.
This means that your employer will need to go through the bureaucratic process of gaining permission to hire foreign workers. After that, you/your employer will need to supply the following documents;
- A copy of your international passport.
- A completed application form in Arabic.
- A copy of the Commercial Registration of the business.
- The immigration card of the business.
- A copy of a valid employment contract between the sponsoring company and yourself, in Arabic and English.
- A medical certificate from a government-approved hospital.
- Four passport-size photos.
- Your biometric data (fingerprints).
The current fee for this is QAR 200 (US$55). Your work permit starts seven days after you arrive in Qatar, and to bring your spouse or dependents along with you to Qatar, you’ll need a different kind of visa; the family sponsorship visa.
In addition, after the you’ve acquired the work visa, you’ll need to also apply for Residence Permit. Your employer will also play a major role in acquiring this from you, and what you need is similar documentation like the one above required for a work permit.